SumZero announces the second running of the Gardening Leave Challenge, a large, multi-firm research initiative to get members on the sidelines directly in front of funds looking for new talent.
In partnership with FactSet and over 35 respected global funds, this research challenge will leverage eligible members' best ideas, and offer meaningful assistance by setting up meetings/interviews with top funds.
In rare cases, participants will earn offers of part-time or full-time employment with participating funds, a likely possibility based on tangible results from the 2016 Challenge. FactSet generously offers 10, free 1-year licenses to its Workstation platform for the Winners to empower them with top-class tools/information while sidelined.
35+ Participating/Committed Funds
- NEW: The Royce Funds, Chuck Royce, Founder/PM
- Akre Capital Management, Tom Saberhagen, Partner
- New Mountain Capital, Dan Riley, Managing Director
- Markel Corp, Tom Gayner, Co-CEO
- Incline Global Management, Noah Snyder, Senior Partner
- First Pacific Advisors, Arik Ahitov, Partner
- Sound Point Capital Management, Giacomo Picco, Partner
- Vector Capital, Nick Ghoussaini, Principal/PM
- Complete List of 35+ Funds Here
- 10 free, 12-month subscription licenses to the FactSet Workstation platform (licenses automatically terminate if/when re-employed);
- 35+ committed funds will each select at least one eligible member to interview/meet with;
- Featured exposure in the SumZero Buyside and Allocator communities;
- Q&A Interviews on the SumZero blog (https://sumzero.com/headlines);
- Media exposure in Barron's, WSJ, BI, Bloomberg, etc. as available;
- 4 months access to the SumZero research database.
- Unlocked access to the SumZero Job Vault
How to Enter/Eligibility
- Submit at least 2 best ideas to the SumZero research database during the Contest period (August 18 - Aug 31);
- Must be active SumZero Buyside members to be enter (non-members apply here: https://sumzero.com/apply);
- Must not be currently employed on the Buyside;
- Must fully complete SumZero User Profiles with career history, investment expertise, education background, etc.;
- Ideas must be new names for the author, and must be accepted for publication as determined by SumZero's Research Quality Standards.
- August 18th: Contest Opens for Submissions
- August 31st: Contest Closes
- ~September 20th: Winners Announced
- Apply to SumZero Buyside here;
- Submit at least 2, new research ideas here;
- Submit at least 2 approved ideas before August 31st.
SumZero will periodically add new prizes/funds to the Challenge and will update with results throughout the competition. Good luck to all the participants.